VAT, Duties, and Customs
In the event that you refuse your package or do not pay the duties and taxes, the package is usually returned back to us. You are then responsible for return shipping and/or applicable duties, taxes and fees if incurred for any reason or by any of the following circumstances.
- When your carrier makes three (3) unsuccessful attempts to deliver your parcel to your address because you are not at home and/or do not pay duties and taxes if applicable or required.
- If you refuse delivery of your parcel for any reason.
- If you refuse to pay duties and taxes.
- If your parcel is returned by customs.
- If you provided an invalid address when placing your order.
We guarantee that your shipment will be delivered on time, unless it is delayed due to causes beyond our carriers' control. For example:
- Adverse weather conditions, natural disasters or other acts of nature
- Delays caused by customs, governments or other law authorities
- The unavailability or refusal of a person to accept delivery of the shipment
- Shipments released without obtaining a signature if a signature release is on file
- If a recipient accepts a delivery without noting any damage on the delivery record
- Packages delayed or undeliverable due to insufficient information provided by the customer
- International holidays
- Riots or other civil disruptions
- Disruption or failure of communication and information systems ( UPS, FedEx or otherwise )
- Disruptions in national or local air or ground transportation networks ( UPS, FedEx or otherwise )